Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Jamaican Stool

A few years ago, my friend Jay cut down some cherry trees on his land up in Jamaica, Vermont to use to make floors in his cabin. He had plenty of extra wood, so he generously gave me a couple of planks that then sat in my basement for long time waiting to be made into something. When Jen and I took a baby class a few months ago, the classroom had simple little stools for the women to rest their feet on that really helped in the comfort department. The shop next to where we took the class sold the stools, but I figured that it would take no time at all to make one myself. For once, I was right. This project took only a few hours start to finish. There's no fancy joints, and its not much to look at, but I really like this because the wood came from a place I love and its super useful. Behold, the stool:

No comments: